Saturday, July 27, 2013

Liberal logic?

The aptly named Sarah Slamen recently spoke to the Texas lawmakers about their radical anti-abortion law forbidding abortions after twenty weeks of pregnancy.  If my math is right, that’s half way through the pregnancy.  How dare they!

So she was the opening guest on Bill Maher’s Real Time show on 7/26/13.  During the interview the pro-abortion guest and host chatted away and Bill said, “Do you think it’s also about the fact that Texas now is, I don’t know what percentage Hispanic but –“  Here Ms. Slamen interjects “Forty…forty percent.” Bill continues, “Forty?  OK, well there you go.  I think they fear that they’re having too many babies and that’s going to lead to the re-conquista that... (audience laughs and Bill continues) right? Don’t you think that is an element?”

What?  Hispanics having too many babies is why the Texas legislature passed this radical anti-abortion bill?  Last time I looked, reducing abortions means more babies, not less. 

There is a lot more I could critique about this conversation if this were not just my hobby, but this one jumped out at me. 

Yeah, here’s the whole interview. 


Here’s Ms. Slamen’s full testimony to the Texas lawmakers. 


 

No comments: