Thursday, January 17, 2013

Second Amendment

I'm going to try something different.  Instead of re-posting stuff I find interesting, I'm going to go through Obama's proposals and memorialize my thoughts on them.  But before I do that I'm going to re-post this stuff from my buddy CM:

Lest there be any misunderstanding or confusion as to what exactly was the intent of The Framers regarding the real use and/or meaning of the Second Amendment to the U. S. Constitution, I draw your attention to Federalist Paper Number 46. (If you have not read the Federalist Papers, you really should.) The Second Amendment is not about hunting or protection from burglars!
Federalist Paper #46 was written in 1788 by James Madison. It deals with the idea that the States and the Federal government should have seperate but equal responsibities and powers. A balance, if you will. In Paper #46 Madison explores the idea that a corrupt Federal government may slowly attemp to usurp the power of the States, hence the need for an armed populace.
This is intriguing reading! Enjoy.

No comments: